Bristol PA Car Accident Injury Attorneys
Pennsylvania has nearly 120,000 miles of roadway, providing ample space and opportunity for the thousands of car accidents that occur each year. In fact, according to the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation’s most recent Pennsylvania Crash Facts and Statistics Report, there were 121,317 reportable traffic accidents in Pennsylvania in 2014, the results of which included 1,195 lives lost and 79,758 injured. In more accessible terms, this translates into 332 reportable traffic crashes each day (approximately 14 every hour), 3 accident-induced fatalities each day (one death every 7 hours), and 219 injured in auto accidents each day (approximately 9 injuries every hour). These numbers are astonishing, yet they become far more significant when you or someone you love becomes the face of the statistic. At Kamensky, Cohen, and Reichelson, our passionate personal injury attorneys have spent over 40 years advocating for injured car accident victims who have suffered due to the negligence of other drivers in Pennsylvania.
Reconstructing an accurate portrait of your accident is a critical step in developing a comprehensive and compelling case in your favor. In other words, an investigation of your claim will provide us with the crucial evidence that we need to thoroughly support your pursuit of recovery. Our strategic approach involves a variety of steps, including collecting evidence at the site of the crash, photographing vehicle damages, obtaining medical records and assessments of your injuries, evaluating road conditions, speaking with corroborating witnesses, consulting with medical and automobile experts, and many others. When addressing your case, we leverage all of our knowledge and resources, bringing over 40 years of experience representing injured victims in Pennsylvania, to aggressively advocate for you and those you love. To speak with a member of our personal injury team about the circumstances of your accident, contact our Bucks County offices at (215) 337-4915 for a free case evaluation.
Types of Car Accidents in Bucks County Pennsylvania
Car accidents occur under a variety of circumstances, involving a wide range of vehicles, geographic locations, road conditions, and extenuating factors caused by driver behavior. However, there are a number of “types” of car accidents which are commonly manifested on Pennsylvania roadways, including:
- Rear-end collisions: when the vehicle traveling behind strikes the vehicle in front of it, often resulting from a sudden deceleration (slowing down or braking) by the front vehicle or a rapid acceleration by vehicle behind. Typically, fault is attributed to the vehicle positioned behind in a rear-end collision; however, in certain circumstances, responsibility lies with the front driver if he or she accidentally shifts gears into reverse.
- Side impact collisions: can involve sideswipe collisions or T-Bone collisions, either between two vehicles, or between one vehicle and a fixed object.
- Sideswipe collisions: occur when two vehicles are impacted while traveling parallel to one another, either in the same or opposite directions. These accidents often occur in parking lots, at intersections, or on highways.
- T-Bone collisions: also termed “broadside” or “right angle” collisions, these accidents occur when the side of one vehicle is impacted by the front or rear of another vehicle, or a fixed object, to form a right-angle or “T” shape.
- Head-on collisions: occur when two vehicles approaching from opposite directions collide, with the point of impact at the front of both vehicles. These accidents often spell catastrophic consequences and are associated with an increased prevalence of traumatic injuries.
- Rollovers: occur when one vehicle flips onto its side or its roof. These accidents may be caused by the vehicle striking a curb or guardrail, a defective tire that results in a “blow-out,” or an SUV that has a high center of gravity making a sharp turn or rounding a bend.
- Multiple vehicle collisions: also known as “pile-ups,” these accidents typically involve three or more vehicles and may manifest in any of the trajectories above, with various points of impact and much room for speculation as to the party who is at fault.
Contact our Northeast Philadelphia Car Accident Injury Lawyers for Answers
If you or someone you love has been injured in a car accident which may have been caused by another party’s negligence, you have limited time to file a claim. Consulting with a knowledgeable group of personal injury attorneys can be the first step toward obtaining just compensation. To speak with one of our skilled lawyers free of charge, contact the Bucks County offices of Kamensky, Cohen, and Riechelson at (215) 337-4915.